Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tick Tock Tick Tock

Hello friends, its 3:10AM and I am writing you from my desk at work. Analytical labs are a cold lonely place to begin with especially at night. I can't stop thinking about what living in Africa for 27 months might be like compared to being trapped in these white cemental walls filled with chemistry instruments. It' been almost two months since I recieved my medical clearance from Peace Corps and still no word from placement, they were right when they said this stuff takes patience. Since work has been so slow I have had the pleasure of viewing other applicants and PCVs blogs and get paid for it. This is awesome for a plethora of reasons, one being I'm getting paid, two I'm learning about things, and most importantly is its keeping me excited through this loooooong wait. I'm sure it will be worth it though, every blog I read about some I get so jealous about the work they are doing. I cant wait to see what my assignment will be. I find it amusing that none of my friends or family think I am really going to follow through with this whole plan, no matter what I do to convince them. Theyve read the blogs, seen the forms and endless amounts of paperwork, medical bills, and they just think I am playing a joke on them. Sorry Terry, I forgot to mention you are the only person who believes me and I thank you for that haha. Well family, friends, and the rest of my cohort, I will be going, and all I can say too that is make sure you visit! Anyway that is all for now I just wanted to comiserate with the rest of my fellow applicants. I have to get off the computer and look busy before the boss man gets in. Hes very funny, a pot of coffe and two toaster scramblers every morning. I laugh about it now but when Im in a rural African village I am going to be dreaming about those glorious smells!

1 comment:

  1. I am still in the stage where I sent in my fingerprints, and all of my recommendations are in and I guess I am waiting for ANY SIGN that I will get an interview soon. I hate this waiting :( and everytime I call my RC her voicemail picks up. so frustrating. HOpefully you get your placement soon..

    ReplyDelete