Monday, August 10, 2009

Baxter Bark 3 times if your in Milwaukee!

The verdict: Lesotho! I recieved my formal invitation in the mail on August 5th to serve as a secondary ed science teacher. Staging date set for November 11th. I checked the mail on the way to band practice and there it was, I couldnt contain myself I yelled in my car for a few seconds. After a year in the application process the reward finally came. A thick blue packet contained in a FedEx envelope. I do find it very amusing that a government agency such as the Peace Corps uses FedEx instead of USPS, that must tell you something about the state of US mail. I spent some time reading over the large number of packets and called the next day to accept my invitation. The PO started asking me questions about what my job will entail and secondary projects I will be doing which kind of caught me off guard, but she seemed to be happy when I mentioned something about creating "income generating projects" score. Today I sent off the material for the Peace Corps passport which I will recieve at staging. Tomorrow I will write my aspiration statement and forward it along with "another" updated resume to the Lesotho PC office. This is quickly becoming a reality and day by day I realize more things I need to take care of. Someone created a Peace Corps Lesotho November 09 group so I have slowly been able to meet people I will be serving with which is pretty cool.





So I have been trying to decide when I'm going to leave my job. I'm pretty much set on leaving the last week of september. That will give me almost six weeks to get the last of everything in place and more importantly visit friends and family, without having to worry about working. Sorry if this post has been scatterbrained, way to much to process!

3 comments: