Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Khotsong

This post has been a long time coming, but I promise they will start to be more frequent. I have just bought a wireless modem so now its blogging time. Tomorrow is swearing in! After 8 weeks of training it is time to become a PCV, score! Anyway today we are having a banquet with our supervisors that we will be working with for the next two years. Sorry for this short post but I have to get ready and the battery on the laptop is almost done, but here are a few pictures that I have been promising. There will be a lot more in the next few days!

Me shaking hands with the US Ambassador to Lesotho. Ambassador Nolan.
These are a few of my students at Berea Secondary School. A really great group of kids that I learned a lot from and enjoyed teaching tremendously during CBT, hopefully I will be visiting them sometime during the middle of this year to see how they are progressing on their studies. And a final note to my friends, set up a skype and call me its super cheap. You can get the number from my parents, would love to hear from you all.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Tom,

    I am Parker's mom and thought I would introduce myself and say "hi". And yes, I have been reading your blog for months! And will continue to do so as it sounds like Parker will have limited internet access at his site and I will need to find out what's going on over there!

    It is great to hear everyone's stories and put faces to names of the people that Parker talks about.

    Have a great time at your swearing in ceremony, enjoy the last few days with your group, and good luck with the move to your site.

    I look forward to reading more about your adventures!

    Warmest Regards,
    Meredith Bryant

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Bryant, Khotso!
    Thank you for reading my blog. Ah yes your son Parker my roommate and village mate for the last two months. We have had a great time together and have become good friends. I look forward to visiting him in Mohkotlong as soon as I can. I hear it is very beautiful there. Unfortunately we are unable to leave our sites for the first three months of our service. I am desperately looking forward to seeing everyone again at the end of march when we all head back to Maseru. I will try to post a blog weekly, maybe twice a week. The wireless internet I get here is a lot slower then in Maseru so it takes time, but I will promise you stories of our adventures and other random musings! Sala Hankle! -Tom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hotels in Whitefield Bangalore
    Spanning world-renowned landmarks, modern business hotels, luxury resorts, authentic heritage palaces and rustic safari lodges, each Taj hotel reinterprets the tradition of hospitality in a refreshingly modern way to create unique experiences and lifelong memories. Established in 1903, Taj is Indian Hotels Company Limited’s (IHCL) iconic brand.

    ReplyDelete