Monday, April 27, 2009

A Small Victory

I never thought a response from a House Representative could make me so happy. After numerous attempts to contact Rep. Cliff Stearns about the HR1066 Peace Corps Expansion act I finally got a response!

Dear Mr. Maresco:
Thank you for contacting me to express your support for the Peace Corps Expansion Act (H.R. 1066). I always appreciate hearing from constituents, and greatly benefit from knowing your views. I work every day to best represent the people of Florida's sixth congressional district and it is helpful to know the concerns that are most important to you. As you may be aware, H.R. 1066 was introduced on February 13, 2009 by Representative Sam Farr (D-CA). This legislation proposes to amend the Peace Corps Act to authorize new appropriations for the Peace Corps and to increase readjustment allowances for Peace Corps volunteers. H.R. 1066 has been referred to the House Committee on Foreign Affairs where it awaits further action. While I do not serve on this committee, you can be assured that I will bear your thoughts in mind should this legislation be presented to the full House for a vote. Again, thank you for contacting me. If I can be of any further assistance on this or another federal matter, please do not hesitate to contact me. For your convenience, you may receive further information from me on issues important to the 6th District at www.house.gov/stearns. Your thoughts and comments are always welcome.
With kind regards, I am Sincerely, Cliff Stearns United States Representative

This may not seem like much but it really is. I have contacted a dozen representatives and usually just get the automated response that they are really busy and cant respond. Coming from Cliff Stearns, who has a subpar voting record when it comes to funding service initiatives, this really is big. I urge all of you to email your representatives and Cliff Stearns down in FL, to get them to sign on the bill. Anyway that is my rant for now, time to get back to this UF PC logo design.

No comments:

Post a Comment