Saturday, May 9, 2009

Packing List

This will be my ever growing list of things I will take to Africa. I have picked up a lot of valuable information from RPCVs and if I dont start to write this stuff down I will definitely forget something.


Leathermans tool

Deoderant

2in1 Shampoo

Multivitamins

Tweezers

Nail Clippers

Razor/Razor Blades

Lip Balm

Nalgene Water Bottle

Lap Top?

Bungee Cord?

Ipod filled to brim with music -> Jon you will make this happen

Guitar

Harmonica

Swiss Army Knife

Lightweight Tent

Sleeping bag

Extra Sets of Strings/Picks

Large Hiking Pack

Day Pack

Tooth brushes/ Tooth Paste

Hiking Boots

Tevas

Pair Dress Shoes

Digital Camera Extra w/ extra memory Sticks

Duct Tape

Surf Wax --> I feel like this will come in handy for something

Zip Ties

HeadLamp flashlight

Various Spices

TacoBell Hot Sauce/ Krystal/Tobasco Etc... --> This is vital

Bandannas

Sunscreen

Swimsuit

Button Down Shirt/Tie

Solar Power rechargeable batteries with charger

Stamps

Flash Drive or Portable Harddrive?

Cheap Timex watch, cool velcro band for sure.

Pictures from back home.

Sunglasses

Ziplock bags

SoccerBall

Solar Calculator

Bath Towel

Bed Sheets

Pillow

Gatorade mix

SolarShower


More TBA... Suggestions welcome!

2 comments:

  1. Tom -

    A couple thoughts:

    Regarding laptops, I'm planning on getting one of these (http://www.dell.com/home/netbooks) and an external hard drive. You should def. bring an external hard drive and back stuff up OFTEN in case your laptop gets stolen or broken! Don't want to lose 27 months worth of pictures, videos, and journal entries!

    Also, from what I've read, if you're going to Africa, you NEED to bring one of these: http://www.rei.com/product/724387

    Finally, you might check, but I think multi-vitamins are included in your med kit that PC gives you.

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. You are seriously getting ready. You are nominated for November? I will hopefully leave in the fall as well.

    My packing list is basically just my guitar at this point. :)

    The laptop question is hard. I would love to bring my laptop for writing, music, pictures and blogging purposes.

    ReplyDelete